Steps to Prepare Quick Hearty Leek and Potato Soup

Hello everybody, it's Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Recipe of Homemade Hearty Leek and Potato Soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Let us face it, cooking isn't just a top priority from the lives of every man, woman, or child on the planet. In fact, much too folks have forced learning to cook a priority in their lives. This means that individuals usually rely on foods and boxed blends instead of taking the effort to prepare healthy food to our families and our own personal enjoyment.
Wholesome cooking is often difficult since most folks do not wish to spend some time preparing and planning meals which our own families refuse to eat. At exactly the same timewe want our families to be healthier so that we are feeling compelled to learn improved and new methods of cooking healthy foods to the family to love (and unfortunately in certain cases scorn).
There are a number of books and magazines which can be filled with recipes which encourage healthy cooking and eating habits. In the event that you genuinely like to cook, then there isn't any lack of recipes that you are able to take to along the way. The great good news is you may incorporate healthful cooking into your cooking routine whether you are cooking for one or a household .
Many things affect the quality of taste from Hearty Leek and Potato Soup, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don't worry if you want to prepare Hearty Leek and Potato Soup delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Hearty Leek and Potato Soup is 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Hearty Leek and Potato Soup estimated approx 45-60 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Hearty Leek and Potato Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
It's lovely during winter for a hearty and warming lunch!
This is a soup that I've been making for years. I don't imagine it's all that different to many other leek and potato soup recipes, but having made it so often I can confidently say that it's super robust recipe that basically can't go wrong! Everything (ingredients, cooking method, etc) is a guideline and you can be very non-specific with the method and still end up with a great soup! :-)
I've made this with vegan butter and milk and it worked out great too!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Hearty Leek and Potato Soup:
- 50 g butter
- 3 leeks
- 3 potatoes (medium-large)
- 1 onion
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml milk
- Salt and pepper to season
Steps to make Hearty Leek and Potato Soup
- Prepare the leeks, onion and potatoes by dicing into small pieces. The size doesn't really matter, but smaller potatoes cook quickly if you're in a hurry. I leave the skins on the potatoes, but wash them well.


- Melt the butter in a large pot, and add the leeks, onions and seasoning. Allow to sweat for 5-10 mins on a medium heat. I tend to soak the diced potatoes in cold water to remove some stach while leeks are sweating. I don't know if this is strictly necessary or whether it helps anything to be honest since I do it out of habit. You can add more herbs here if you'd like, but I really like a basic leek and potato soup so most of the time I don't.


- Drain the potatoes and add them to the pot. Prepare the vegetable stock and add it to the mixture. Then add the milk. Slowly bring the temperature up to a light simmer while stirring. I think this is the only important step in this recipe -- you risk curdling the milk if it is brought to the boil too quickly! I like a thick soup, but if you don't add more liquid to make it thinner.



- Simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. It should thicken up nicely, and all veg should be nice and soft. Once cooked, use a hand blender to make the soup nice and smooth. Serve with some lovely fresh bread (I recommend wholemeal) and maybe some cream or oil on top too.

It's those small actions you take towards your objective of cooking healthy foods for the family which may matter far greater than any leap. Before you know it that you will realize that you have greater energy and a better understanding of general wellbeing than you'd have imagined before changing your cooking habits. If that isn't enough to encourage you however, you can check out the excuse to shop for new clothes once you drop a size or 2.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food Easiest Way to Make Favorite Hearty Leek and Potato Soup. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!