How to Prepare Homemade Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup

Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Step-by-Step Guide to Make Speedy Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
In regards to cooking, it is crucial to take into account that every one started somewhere. I do not know of one person who was born with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There is a good deal of learning that must be completed in order to develop into a prolific cook and there is obviously room for advancement. Not only can you need to begin with the basics in terms of cooking however, you nearly need to begin again when learning to cook a brand new cuisine such as Chinese, Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
This usually means that at any particular time on your cooking learning cycles there is quite probably somebody somewhere that's better and/or worse in cooking more than you. Take heart from this because even the best have bad days in terms of cooking. There are a number of men and women who cook for different reasons. Some cook in order to eat and survive while others cook because they actually enjoy the whole process of cooking. Some cook through the times of emotional trauma and many others cook out of sheer boredom. Whatever your reason behind cooking or learning to cook you need to begin with the fundamentals.
The good thing is that when you've learned the fundamentals of cooking it is unlikely that you will ever need to relearn them. This usually means that you can constantly build up and expand your cooking abilities. As you learn new recipes and improve your culinary abilities and talents you'll find that preparing your own meals from scratch is far more rewarding than preparing prepackaged meals that are purchased from the shelves of your local supermarkets.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don't worry if you want to prepare Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup estimated approx 4 hours.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
For my family: These are the ingredients I use to just wing it!! Sorry...I am not a huge help with measurements. Note: I usually add more water which is why I am constantly adjusting the seasonings!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- 2 ham hocks
- 2 cups or more cubed ham
- 1 lb. navy beans
- 1 yellow onion diced
- carrots (handful of baby) diced
- couple cloves of fresh garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- rosemary and thyme
- parsley and a couple bay leaves
- dry mustard
- white vinegar
- water
Instructions to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup
- Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes. Add approximately 8 to 10 cups of water, diced onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, and seasonings, to taste. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer on low covered several hours. I let mine go maybe 4 hours or so. Note: I add the seasonings to taste. A pinch here, a shake or splash there. See, I am really no help, lol!!
- After you are done simmering and your beans are tender, remove the ham hocks and bay leaves from your pot. You can use whatever ham you can get off of the ham hocks.
- Make your dumplings. I use maybe 4 eggs beaten, a little salt, and keep stirring flour into the eggs to get a semi stiff, yet sticky consistency. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling water and they will float when done. Drain and add to your soup.
- You will have to keep playing with your seasonings. My rule of thumb is add a little at a time so you don't overdo it! I find adding a little vinegar and dry mustard gives the soup a better flavor. Dad always liked vinegar in his bean soup and I add extra to my own bowl at times. You can also add more or less ham and dumplings. My husband likes a heartier soup so I tend to add more. Enjoy!!
It's those tiny steps you take towards your objective of cooking healthy foods for your family which will matter far greater than any leap. Before you understand it that you may discover that you have more energy and a greater sense of overall health than you'd have imagined before changing up your eating customs. If that isn't enough to encourage you however, you could always check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes once you drop a size or 2.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food Recipe of Perfect Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!